This blog is in recess. New contributions will still appear from time to time and new contributors are welcome. Check out orienteering.org.nz and the facebook o scene for your regular online orienteering fix.

Monday 20 January 2014

Make Sure You Recover Properly

Nick Hann reminded me today via email that pain is weakness leaving the body (and that route choice on sanddunes is weakness leaving the mind). I decided that I needed more pain in my life so went out and ran hard for 2hr 45min without food or water. By the time I "charged" up the path to home I seriously needed some good recovery foods. I was limited to powerade and peanut butter sandwiches, but next time I'm going to line up some other of the top ten recovery foods recommended by Outside. I'm particularly thinking Chilli Chicken...


No comments: