This blog is in recess. New contributions will still appear from time to time and new contributors are welcome. Check out orienteering.org.nz and the facebook o scene for your regular online orienteering fix.

Friday 27 March 2009

QB Accomodation: Get in Fast!

Rightio, I thought I'd stay ahead of the game and while the rest of you were focusing on Nationals I'd sort out Queens Birthday. Simon Addison is putting in some hard yards to make this happen and his draft program looks exciting and innovative (I'll leave the juicy bits for the man himself to announce). The first couple of days will be based at or near Wharepapa South, so I thought I'd book out the legendary Castle Rock for the accomodation for the season finale....


View Larger Map

The nights are the 30th and 31st of May. The lodge is right next to the map. There is a cafe just down the road, great rock climbing across the valley and a bit of tennis and MTB as well. There is a spa too. There are several accomodation options which hopefully we can fill up, I need to know numbers within a week so I can confirm the booking. N Squad/D Squad/parents/supporters/legends and fringe get priority. Hopefully those of you that are more pecunious can shell out for the more expensive option, I will try and sort rooms out as best as I can, feel free to offer me advice, but understand my constraints. Since we hopefully will book the whole place out the available facilites will be available for everyone, Jamie's rules.

The Lodge

24 beds available at $25pp per night.

CastleRock Lodge is a beautifully renovated homestead with magnificent views of the CastleRock rock-climbing crag. There is a large Rimu kitchen and lounge room, two showers and toilets, laundry with washer and dryer, internet access, guest telephone, a tennis court (racquets/balls provided), barbeque, outdoor pool & spa. Bed linen is provided, towels are available at $3pp per stay.

The Woolshed 19 beds available at $10pp per night.

The woolshed is situated three minutes from the Lodge. It has a basic kitchen, shower and toilet. There are 19 mattresses that can be spread on the floor Marae style. I have stayed here before it is fun.

Camping 6 max person spots available at $12pp per night. (limited by facilities).

The campsite is located just before the Woolshed and is ideal as an overflow for groups of more than 19.

No comments: